9 Tasty Weight Loss Snacks
I don’t know about you, but I love snacks! They always seem to perk up my day, regardless of what time it is. The good news is that it’s possible to enjoy nutritious, tasty weight loss snacks without feeling guilty and still stay on track with your diet program, whatever that may be.
Snacking while trying to lose weight actually helps your efforts. For one thing, snacking gives your body some needed fuel between meals. Sometimes dieting can deplete your nutrient or enzyme levels. If you are starting to lose steam before lunchtime or feeling some fatigue between lunch and dinner, then a nutritious snack could give you the boost you need.
When you choose healthy snacks, it helps to curb your appetite so you’re not starving when lunch or dinner rolls around so you don’t wolf down unwanted calories you’ll regret later. One more benefit of choosing healthy weight loss snacks: you won’t feel like you are depriving yourself. Feelings of deprivation are a dieting downer.
Your next step is to have a list of go-to weight loss snacks that fit your specific eating program, whether it’s Mediterranean, keto, vegetarian, Zone, paleo, Ornish, omnivore, Atkins, or vegan. Finally, you can boost the nutritional value of your snacks by taking Real-Zymes, which make digestion a breeze.
Here are some delicious snacking suggestions, all less than 150 calories, and most of which can be applied to any dietary plan.
- Avocado and jicama: ¼ avocado sliced thin on thinly sliced jicama with a dash of garlic powder and/or cayenne. Spicy, crunchy, and velvety smooth all in one.
- Black beans and salsa: Always a treat, full of fiber, protein, and just the right amount of spice (you get to choose!).
- Cucumbers and hummus: 1 cup of cucumber slices and 2 Tbs hummus. Dip your cukes and enjoy!
- Edamame: 1 cup of these treats are fun to eat when you suck them out of the pods. Or you can remove them from the pods and sprinkle with garlic powder, soy sauce, or hot sauce
- Grapes and almonds: 1 cup of green or red grapes plus 10 dry roasted almonds. The combination of crisp sweetness and crunchy nutty flavor is a celebration in your mouth.
- Guacamole and egg: Take a hard-boiled egg, remove the yolk, and mash the yolk with 1 tablespoon of guacamole. Sprinkle with cayenne for a spicy keto snack. Make several hard-boiled eggs and keep them in the fridge so you can whip up this snack in a jiffy!
- Nut butter and kiwi: 1 kiwi sliced and spread with 1 Tbs peanut or almond butter. A delicious combination of juicy sweet and sticky protein!
- Oatmeal and blueberries: oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast. Enjoy ½ cup oatmeal plus ½ cup blueberries or other berries.
- Turkey and cottage cheese: Use lean turkey slices and create a “burrito” by adding a teaspoon of cottage cheese and rolling the turkey around it. Have two for a quick protein snack.
Weight loss can and should be delicious and fun. Try these tasty weight loss snacks next time you’re craving something satisfying between meals.