Chocolate Chia Reishi Pudding is a simple yet delicious treat. It might be just the easiest, healthy dessert recipe you can make and without any baking!
Because the chia seeds expand in your stomach, it will help you feel fuller longer. So not only is it tasty, but it’s a treat you can feel good about eating even when you are dieting. It’s rich, decadent and chocolatey, and you don’t need to feel guilty about enjoying it!
This Chocolate Chia Reishi Pudding is perfect for a healthy and filling breakfast, snack, or dessert. It’s loaded with nutrients and is also vegan, gluten and dairy-free.
What Are the Health Benefits?
This Chocolate Chia Reishi Pudding is packed with health benefits.
Chia seeds are a superfood (meaning that they are loaded with nutrients) and are among the healthiest foods on this planet.
- Loaded with antioxidants! Antioxidants fight the production of free radicals, which can damage cell molecules and contribute to aging and diseases.
- An amazing source of fiber! One ounce of chia seeds contains 11 grams of fiber. It’s also a low-carb friendly food.
- A great source of plant-based protein! It is also high in good fats, like omega-3 fatty acids.
- High in important bone supporting nutrients! This includes calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Reishi has been used for over 2000 years in traditional medical systems for its health-promoting effects.
- It’s an adaptogen! Adaptogens, helps the body cope with stress, tension, and fatigue and promotes natural body balance.
- Boosts the immune system! Rich in Beta (1,3)(1,6) D-Glucans, which support immune response by enhancing macrophage, natural killer cells and T cells.
- A great source of antioxidants! The most notable antioxidants that it contains are triterpenes or triterpenoids, which are said to be responsible for its protective and anti-cancer effect on cells.
MyPure™ Reishi is 100% Whole, Organic, Non-GMO mushroom fruiting bodies. It is made in an FDA audited, cGMP certified facility from ingredients that are triple tested to insure their purity and potency. It is guaranteed to provide at least 25% Beta (1,3)(1,6) D-Glucans by weight. It is the finest Reishi product you’ll find.*
Tips & Tricks for Making Chocolate Chia Reishi Pudding
Adjust the ratios to suit your preferences.
If you enjoy thicker chia seed pudding feel free to add slightly more chia seeds. If you prefer a thinner version, feel free to use only ¼ cup of chia seeds instead of ⅓ cup.
Use a blender to blend the mixture for a smoother consistency.
If you are not a fan of the tapioca-like texture of chia seed pudding, just process it in a blender to create a creamier texture.
Freeze any leftover pudding.
Chocolate chia pudding can be left in the fridge for about 4-5 days. But if you want to make a large batch and save it for another day, just make sure to freeze it in a freezer-safe container. Then thaw it for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
Use any kind of milk you prefer.
Chia seeds don’t have any flavor, but they will take on the flavor of the liquid that they are soaked in so keep that in mind when choosing your milk. If you would like a lighter taste, you can even replace the milk with water.
Feel free to add in mix-ins to mix up the consistency.
Adding in mix-ins helps break up the tapioca consistency. Feel free to add things like chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, crushed nuts, or fruit pieces.
2 tbsp Raw Cacao powder
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
4 capsules MyPure™ Reishi
1/2 tsp Vanilla or Peppermint extract
1-1/2 tsp Honey, Agave or Maple Syrup (or replace with your sweetener of choice)
1/3 cup Chia Seeds
1 cup Almond Milk
In a mason jar, add the cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey, almond milk and chia seeds.
Open up the MyPure™ Reishi capsules and add the powder to the mason jar.
Place the lid on the jar and shake it until all ingredients are combined.
Stick the mason jar in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
Top with your favorite fruit, chocolate shavings, seed/nut butter or other garnishes or add in some chocolate chips or other mix-ins.
This Chocolate Chia Reishi Pudding recipe is a great partner for you if you’re dieting or trying to pick a healthy treat. It’s vegan, gluten and dairy-free and is incredibly filling.